Covid 19 Response
All Club Activities are suspended, effective from 6:00pm on Saturday 26 June 2021 until 11:59pm on Thursday 30 September 2021.
As the Coronavirus pandemic increases, our Government has taken drastic measures to reduce social contact and combat the spread of infection. These include population wide social distancing, home isolation and quarantining of household members. We now live in an uncertain, fast changing environment that presents new challenges on a daily basis.
The welfare and safety of UBMBC Members is of utmost priority. The Club has decided it is in the best interests of Club Members to suspend all activities, effective from 6:00pm on Saturday 26 June 2021 until 11:590pm on Thursday 30 September 2021, at the earliest.
The decision was made for the following reasons:
- As citizens we have an obligation to prevent the transmission of COVID-19.
- The club has a duty of care for the health, well-being and safety of members, many of whom are in the vulnerable age group.
- It is not possible to maintain and enforce social distancing during walks or on long drives when car pooling. We can not ensure safety of members.
- Bushwalking is “non essential travel” as is driving to the bushwalking location.
- To continue the program would be contrary to government and medical advice.
- Continuing against government and medical advice could complicate rescue or insurance cases.
Our committee is closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation and responding to Government Health Directives. It is a very serious matter and we can not afford to be complacent.
We all enjoy bushwalking. It is important for our physical and mental health in these difficult times. Stay in contact with your bushwalking friends. Isolation and changes to our daily lives can be depressing.
Above all, follow the COVID-19 Guidelines and Stay Safe.
More Information about COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
Last Update: 29-Jul-2021